Sunday, November 8, 2009

Waffles


So, there have been a lot of waffle recipes posted, but I think this is the BEST waffle recipe I have come by :). We have waffles every Sunday for lunch so I have tried a lot of recipes, but none quite match up to this one! These aren't sweet (which is a good thing since I like cream and fruit on mine) and they come out of the iron nice and crispy. I used to beat the whites with this one because my mom always did that with her waffles, but in a hurry once I didn't and there was no difference. I think the real trick is not to over mix that batter. That way the baking powder can work as it should.


WAFFLES


2 eggs

2 cups buttermilk

2 cups flour (I use half white, half wheat)

2t. baking powder

1t. baking soda

1/2t. salt

1/3 cup butter (I always cut this way down to make them healthier)


Heat waffle iron. In bowl beat eggs. Add buttermilk, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and melted butter and mix until just combined (there may be a few lumps left). Pour batter onto hot, greased waffle iron and cook until golden brown.


Top with syrup, fruit, cream or buttermilk syrup (our favorite!)

1 comment:

My Sister's Kitchen said...

Those look amazing. Can't wait to try them.