Monday, November 2, 2009

Caramel Corn

Few things are better than snuggling up on the couch with a bowl of caramel corn. Pop a movie in the DVD player, tuck the kids in bed and enjoy a cozy night at home. This is my kinda comfort food! My husband and daughter bust out their spoons the next morning for a little pre-breakfast sugar rush, while they dig into the leftovers. I much prefer it warm, freshly made. Pair this with an ice cold beverage or smoothie and its my idea of a perfect night!



1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light karo syrup

In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. While stirring constantly over medium to medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes and then remove from heat. Can be poured immediately over popcorn or can wait up to 20 minutes. If you let it sit for a while, be sure to stir again right before pouring over popcorn.


ps- I think caramel popcorn recipes with karo syrup are much better than ones that use marshmallows. I must be programmed to love all things extra sweet!

1 comment:

My Sister's Kitchen said...

Just made this the other night! Yum! I'm posting it on my blog.