Friday, November 13, 2009

Berry Smoothie



So, in Septemeber I decided to buy a Vita Mix...you know, the mother of all blenders. I had a blender I had purchased from Williams Sonoma and it just didn't cut it. There were always chunks left when I would make smoothies. I debated over this purchase forever (they are pricey) but then just decided to do it! I don't regret it one bit. I have used it at least once a day since I bought it. It even grinds wheat. Anyway, if you are a blender user or would like to be, definitely check them out!

So, I have made many a smoothie. I try to get the kids to drink at least one a day. I throw in spinach, carrots, cabbage, celery etc....whatever I have on hand. You can't taste it and they are all raw and full of vitamins and nutrients. This following recipe has been my favorite lately.

Berry Smoothie

Handful of almonds (if you have a regular blender, blend these to a powder first)
1-1.5 cups good orange juice (I use Naked juice from Costco, but any orange juice NOT from concentrate will work)
Scoop of plain or vanilla yogurt (optional)
5-6 frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
Handful of baby carrots (5-6)
Handful of spinach
Half of a banana
4-5 Ice cubes

Put all in blender and blend until no chunks remain. Drink and enjoy!

No comments: