Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's that time of year...

Thanksgiving, Christmas, fall...yes, yes, yes. But the time I am referring to is my time of cumpulsive eating. I don't know if it is the cooling weather, the holidays or what, but I do know that I tend to snack more, eat more, bake more, and weigh more. Well, here I am committing to not do that this year. I told my hubby last night that I was making a resolution to stop now. For heaven's sake, we aren't even to Thanksgiving yet.

The thing that is hard about this goal is that I LOVE to cook, bake and eat. I don't want to give that up because I do enjoy it so much. I just need to use a little more moderation. So, for the next little bit I am going to be posting my favorite good eating habits, mainly as a reminder to myself, but also for any of you out there who are like me and want to control the holiday gain.

So, here's to good luck to all of us.

Tip number 1:
Drink lots and lots of water.

I always find that when I am eating more, I am drinking less. Get out a large water bottle (I use the ones I got in the hospital after having my kids) and keep it full. That means that you need to drink, refill, drink refill. This will not only keep us from feeling as hungry, but also help ward off all the winter illness that seems to be going around.

1 comment:

My Sister's Kitchen said...

I am so there with you! I have worked way too hard these past couple of months to throw it away on Holiday Food.