Monday, September 14, 2009

Tried and True Chocolate Chip Cookies

Everyone has one, a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is their tried and true. The one they turn to when they want that homey comfort food. And this is mine. I dressed them up a bit and threw in white chocolate chips as well. The recipe comes from my "Just a Matter of Thyme" cookbook. I have the recipe memorized and this is my kids' favorite cookie, hands down. My husband insists I save some dough for him a baggie in the fridge for him to eat when he gets home from work. In short, these are one of my favoritest cookies ever ever ever.
(Tina, these are the ones I brought to Relief Society, this post is for you!)


1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 shortening (I use Crisco butter sticks)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 (12oz) package chocolate chips (I use Hershey's milk chocolate)

Blend together softened butter and shortening until smooth. Cream with sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well (5 MINUTES!) In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed ingredients and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Do not crowd- allow at least 2 inches between each cookie. Bake @ 350 for 10-12 minutes. It is very important not to overbake! The cookies should be lightly golden brown, but not shiny on top. This dough will keep nicely in the fridge for several weeks enabling you to make just one dozen at a time if you like. Makes approx 3 dozen.

1 comment:

Elder Christian Sullivan said...

I am going to have to stop looking at all these food blogs! I'm doing the p 90x so no treats for awhile. I'll have to make them for the kids though, they look delicious!That is funny about the cookie dough. I do the same thing for Duane!