Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rice Pudding

Firstly, I totally ripped this picture off the net, thank you google! And that is because we snarfed it all, no leftovers, didn't even have time to get the ol' camera out. Secondly, if you are not a rice pudding fan, I ask you, why not? It has everything a homey, old fashioned dessert should have; milk, cinnamon and sugar. Well, and the rice too, of course. But seriously, its so cinnamony-sugary fantastic. Perhaps a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side for those not counting calories. MMMMMmmmm, it truly is comfort food at its best.

3/4 cup rice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (could use nutmeg instead, I'm much more a cinnamon kinda gal)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
5 cups milk (my guilty secret? I use whole milk)

Mix all ingredients together. Bake 1-1/2 hours in a 2 qrt baking dish at 375. Let cool slightly and serve.

1 comment:

staci said...

I better make this. Just looking at that picture made my mouth water just a little bit!