Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Puppy Chow

I need to warn you that this recipe is addicting so if you are trying to watch what you eat, be aware that all you will watch is yourself eat all of this. I love it!!

Puppy Chow

9 cups Chex cereal (I like rice)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup butter
1 t. vanilla
1 ½ cups powdered sugar

Measure cereal into a large bowl (I use one with a lid). In a 1 quart bowl stir together chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave uncovered on high for one minute. Stir. Microwave in 30 second intervals until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into a two gallon Ziploc (I skip this because I have a Tupperware bowl with a lid). Add powdered sugar. Seal bag (or put on lid). Shake until well coated. Store in an airtight container.

**I like to add pretzels to my mixture before I add the chocolate.

No comments: