Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Baked Potato Soup

Really, how many different ways can potato soup be made?? I don't know, but I am yet two find two that taste the same and until I do, I will keep experimenting!

Baked Potato Soup

3 bacon strips, diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 T. all purpose flour
1 t. salt
1 t. dried basil
½ t. pepper
3 cups chicken broth
2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup half and half
½ t. hot pepper sauce
Shredded cheddar cheese

In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, basil and pepper. Mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for two minutes. Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through, but do not boil. Garnish with bacon and cheese (I add bacon to the soup).

No comments: