Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lara Jensen Waffles

As part of my bridal shower, people were asked to bring some of their favorite recipes to share with me, the new bride. This was one I received from my YW President (youth church group leader.) Actually, I received 2 waffle recipes from her, one called "basic" (this one) and another called "fancy," which shall be saved for a post another day. I serve these bad boys with whipped cream and sliced strawberries, . . . mmmm . . . divine. I've been making her waffles for years and they are always oh so tasty. Thanks Lara!

Sift together:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I have used half white/ half wheat before w/o any problems)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar

Mix together:
3 eggs
7 tbsp oil
1 1/2 cup milk (can use buttermilk)

Add wet to dry and stir just until incorporated, do not over mix. Cook by the 1/4 cup in your pre-heated waffle maker. These freeze/refrigerate very well.

1 comment:

Elder Christian Sullivan said...

What cute waffles. I can't wait for the fancy version.