Friday, October 30, 2009

Apple Crisp

Fact: I have a food blog. Fact: I have a camera. Fact: I am a horrible photographer of food. Fact: there is entirely too much ice cream in the bowl for you to see the beautiful apple crisp hiding underneath. The delicate oats, the precious cinnamon-y clumps of goodness mixed with the tart apples. It makes my mouth water all over again! And not to mention this the PERFECT recipe if you want your house to smell like autumn. Thanks to Sallie over at My Sister's Kitchen for the post, I believe she originally got it from Leigh Ann.

ps- I used honey crisp apples because those are my absolute favorite.

Ingridents:

4-6 large Granny Smith apples
8 graham crackers
3/4 C brown sugar, packed
1/2 C rolled oats
1/2 C flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 C butter, melted


Peel, core, slice apples. Finely chop graham crackers (I use my food processor).

Combine crumbs, sugar, oats, flour and spices.

Add butter; mix well. Spoon mixture over apple slices.


Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes


Serve warm with ice cream.


ps- didn't peel my apples. My husband went on and on about how time consuming that is and how the nutrients are all in the peel, blah blah blah. Lucky for him, it still tasted great with the peel on, so save yourself some work. ;)

No comments: