Monday, July 6, 2009

Simple BBQ Ribs

This is an All Recipes.com winner. Its submitted by Lloyd Rushing and its received 5 stars from 391 people. These are easy, easy, easy and oh so delectable. Never be afraid to make ribs again! The tough part is choosing which BBQ to use!

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 1/2 pounds country style pork ribs
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 1 cup barbeque sauce

DIRECTIONS

  1. Place ribs in a large pot with enough water to cover. Season with garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Bring water to a boil, and cook ribs until tender.
  2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  3. Remove ribs from pot, and place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour barbeque sauce (I add 1 cup water or else the sauce is too thick and burns) over ribs. Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature of pork has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
*notes. I boil my ribs for 45 minutes to an hour. I bake them for about an hour and I have to admit, I never baste. Although I'm sure basting is welcome, I just don't have time and they are always juicy and succulent so I have never bothered. When you place the ribs in the 9x13 and pour the BBQ sauce over them, I try to pour the sauce equally over the ribs and not just in the bottom of the pan. They are so tender, you don't need a knife. Serves 4, recipe can easily be adjusted for more ribs.

No comments: