Thursday, September 16, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars


Who has too many recipes for treats? Who, I ask? No one, that's who. We always need another one and so here's one for today. It comes from my good friend Christy Miller. She's always cooking up something yummy! And I love how all the ingredients I already had in my pantry, nothing fancy to go buy. That means the time from getting the recipe to making the treat was dramatically reduced. Score.

Ingredients:
12 whole graham crackers, crushed
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup smooth peanut butter
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 (12oz) chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate)

Directions:
Combine graham crackers, butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Pat firmly into a greased 9x13 pan. Melt chocolate chips until smooth when stirred. Frost the patted down mixture with the melted chocolate. Refrigerate for several hours. When chilled, cut into small squares, they are rich!!

No comments: